Sunday 8 November 2015

Ngoh Hiong

Our family's traditional dish is Ngoh Hiong but my version and my mum's version is so different. I learnt mine from my grandmother and adjust to my own liking. As I don't like 五香粉 ( Chinese Five Spice Powder ), mine will be without it and spring onion. You can add them if u like it.















Ngoh Hiong

Ingredients:
500gm of minced pork
250gm of prawn shelled and cut into small size
500gm of water chestnut peeled and chopped
4 eggs beaten
Bean curd skin 2 packs
3 tablespoons of soya sauce
1 teaspoon of pepper
3 tablespoons of sesame oil
2 tablespoons of corn flour
4 salted egg yolk

Method:
Mix everything throughly except bean curd skin and salted egg yolk leaving a little egg left to wrap the Ngoh Hiong.
Cut the bean curd skin into squares.
Wrapped the ready mix fillings adding in salted egg yolk. If you like more salted egg, you may put more. Seal the Ngoh Hiong using the remaining beaten egg.
Steam them for 10 minutes if you are not eating them immediately. I'm not good at frying and always worry that the inside will be uncooked that's why I always steam them before frying.
Deep fry and it's ready to be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment